Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Well, 3 things didn't get done today. Talking to my pastor, bathing the dogs, and picking out pictures. However, 3 things that I forgot to put on the list did get done: picking up dog poop so Aaron could mow, weeding and pruning my garden, and showering. I think I had a pretty productive day! I even got in a couple of episodes of Dick Van Dyke.

I tried to make homemade potato chips this evening with supper. The first batch I let go too long and successfully tested our smoke alarm. They looked like pumpernickel chips. So I tried again and they turned out much better. I'm not a big fan of the recipe though. It's easy but just doesn't quite get them right. I sliced the potatoes into thin slices, coated a cookie sheet with melted butter, put the potato slices on and coated them with butter. Then cooked for 15 min. @ 500 degrees. The crisp ones tasted burned and the good tasting ones were soggy. So next time, new recipe.

We had some leftover vidalia onion burgers in the freezer that sounded good for dinner. Aaron likes to use our charcoal grill, and I agree, it makes food taste better. So I tried to get it started before he got home so it'd be ready. Well.... easier said than done. Charcoal, check. Lighter fluid, check. Lighter, check. I doused the charcoal with the fluid and lit it. Worked great! But only for 2 minutes. Tried again with more lighter fluid. Not only did it work but it singed the hair off 2 of my fingers and gave me a decent burn on one of my knuckles. I was annoyed at this point and it was hot outside, aside from playing with fire. You'd think the fire would know that. But no, it still went out. Try 3 went better... I got a little smarter about the fluid and placement of the lighter. I closed the lid to try to break some of the breeze that was coming through. It worked. Thank goodness!!! I can't say I'm a fan of hair on my fingers but burning it off would not be my first choice.

I really enjoyed my day! And posting my list for the world to see really helped me get it done! Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment