Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Consider This...

Matthew 10:32-33 NASB
"Therefore everyone who confesses Me before men, I will also confess him before My Father in heaven. But whoever denies Me before men, I will also deny him before My Father who is in heaven."

1 Corinthians 3:13-15 NASB
"each man's work will become evident; for the day will show it because it is to be revealed with fire, and the fire itself will test the quality of each man's work. If any man's work which he has built on it remains, he will receive a reward. If any man's work is burned up, he will suffer loss; but he himself will be saved, yet so as through fire."

As I live life* in front of this world do I confess or acknowledge Christ? Do the people I see everyday as well as those I run into once hear me acknowledge Christ? When I die and go to Heaven, will Christ say, "My Father, this is Tressa." I want to announce Christ as my Lord and Savior because then, when I meet Him in heaven He will announce me to The Father. What a cool introduction! We serve a HOLY and PERFECT God who cannot tolerate even the slightest sin and He sent His HOLY and PERFECT Son to suffer and die for us, a dirty, rotten, sinning people. So that He can adopt us. What LOVE!
As I live is my work such that when tested by fire it will stand as a testimony to God? Am I living in God's power and glory so that what I accomplish here will be used to glorify God in heaven? Or as the verse says, am I saved but only as one narrowly escaping through flames? I don't want it to be a close call. I want everything I do, say and think to praise my Father in heaven and to be used to glorify Him when I get there. I don't want there to be any doubt or any narrowly escaping through flames.

Do I live this? How can I ensure that I do? Only by God's grace and the power of His Holy Spirit and divine Word. Praise Him!

*I began to type "my life" and caught myself. Nothing about this life is mine. God gave me this body, God gives me breath, God enables my body to move, God allows my brain to function. God provides the air that he designed my body to breathe and the water he designed my body to need. There is nothing about this life that I own or control.

2 comments:

  1. Look at you all making your blog cute and fun! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete