Friday, July 30, 2010

Interrupted

I did not excell at completing my list yesterday. But I have a few really valid reasons (read: excuses).
  1. Mom and Dad came home from Canada and we had lunch
  2. My work schedule changed
  3. I got stuck at Quickshop and then chatted with Barb @ PLP for awhile
  4. Aaron had softball games at 6:30 & 7:30
  5. We ate dinner with his folks
  6. Our company isn't coming until Sunday now
I got 5.5 tasks completed. Not horrible but not quite my best. P90X kept getting pushed further and further back because it was my Yoga day and that workout is an hour and a half long. I didn't have a chunk of time like that.

So around 4:15 yesterday I decided to take Aaron a soda from Quickshop. He sounded tired and I thought that'd help, plus I needed to return some tupperware to Barb. So I pull up to the gas station and go grab a soda for him and a slushie for me. Then I got in line. *All very normal so far* I'm standing in line with two drinks that are making my finger painfully numb (if that makes any sense). And I'm standing there. Nothing is moving. Not even the cashiers. Apparently, someone wanted a gas receipt that hadn't printed out or something so they had to reboot the "system". Come to find out... it wasn't rebooting. The entire gas station, pumps and cash registers, were stuck. I kept standing there hoping that things would get moving again soon and not wanting to be that person who throws a fit about something no one can do anything about. No such luck. I think I stood there about 10 minutes before I asked if I could just give them exact change. I finally asked because one of the cashiers picked up the phone to call someone (I assumed tech support) and it was not looking good. At this point my fingers were so numb that I couldn't even feel the coins in my change pocket. It was a very unique experience. I just felt sorry for everyone who had started pumping gas or was waiting to pay for gas. I have a feeling they were there for awhile.

It was a beautiful night for softball last night! What a gorgeous sunset! I started snapping shots once I figured out that mom had her camera. One of those is going into the state fair. The guys won their last game of the season after coming back from behind. I love watching church league games. The crowd is much more pleasant to sit with than some other leagues.

One thing I finally did get to was cleaning the bathtub (that was the half completed task, I didn't get the whole bathroom). I found this new great scrubby sponge that works wonderful! It has a foam handle on it that makes it much easier to grip while scrubbing. We have such hard water here that the soap scum is pretty bad, especially when you put off cleaning the tub like I do. So here is my magic combo that got it clean within 10 minutes yesterday. Scotch-Brite Non-Scratch tub and shower scrubber by 3M and Clorox disinfecting bathroom cleaner! Usually I'd finish it off with a rinse of Jet Dry but I ran out of time yesterday.

Alright, I'd better get on with today and a new list!

No comments:

Post a Comment