Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Life this week

I had unexpected minor surgery Friday.  I went to the podiatrist to see what he would do for my ingrown toe-nails and he decided to take care of them that day.  So I was a big girl and let him cut out my toenails.  (Not the whole toenail, just the sides).  The worst part were the numbing injections.  OUCH!!!  Seriously!  I kept thinking, "Man, I've got to toughen up!  I'm supposed to push out a baby in 10 weeks!"  That epidural is sounding better and better.  It was worth it though, because I didn't feel anything during the procedure. Anyhow, I was given the option of what color to wrap my poor toesies in afterward.
It was between this and green with smilies on it.  I went with the TU loyalties.  I should've asked for one to be yellow.  Ah well.  I give the procedure 2 toes up.

During the whole procedure they have a barrier up so that you can't see what they're doing.  Which I appreciated very much, but it made me that more trepidatious about removing the bandages.  I had no idea what kind of gore to expect.  Really, I was being a big chicken about it, but my husband was sweet and didn't mention that.  My instructions were to soak off the bandages so that I wouldn't pull loose any scabs.

I had an audience.  This gave me another preview of the issues we may have once Lil' Web comes.  I'm afraid Jazz is expecting to help in the bathing process.  There were about 4 layers of purple stuff which gave me a little time to build the courage to take off the gauze that was underneath.  However, I didn't look when I did.  I made Aaron look at it first.  (I'm really not usually this big of a chicken, I promise)!  I'm not sure you want to see the final product so I'll keep that little picture to myself, but it really wasn't as bad as I was expecting.  They actually look worse now just from bruising and stuff.  The good news is that I survived (shocker, right?).  Now i have to soak my toes once a day and then my sweet husband re-bandages them for me.  I've been well taken care of.  I wouldn't mind doing it if I wasn't pregnant... I just can't really reach my feet that well.


In other news...

In a previous post I mentioned something about Bo trumpeting.  I thought I'd include a little clip of the funny noises he makes.  Cracks me up, hope it makes you smile too!


Well, I'm off.  Gotta enjoy my last snow day!  Hope the crazy weather hasn't beaten you up too much!

3 comments:

  1. Two toes up! I love it. :) Love you guys. Hope you are staying waaaarmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have ingrown toenails that I need to take care of as well. You gave me an idea... maybe I should get the doctor to take care of it while I'm still numb from the epidural I will definitely be getting in 5+ weeks. Haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet Jazz would of loved to pull the purple bandages off your toes....and then lick them clean...ugh.... Bo is a "hoot"!

    ReplyDelete